Awsome, have you seen...

Celegorm

Site Team
Staff member
Have any of you with vista noticed the "Live CD" option when you put in a black CD for windows to burn with? When you do you can format it as a "live CD" (in atleast home premium, don't know about basic) and use the cd as a flash drive! I was able to copy and paste files to and from it, as well as delete the files!

Windows XP could read the Cd, but i forgot to try adding/removing files to it.

I'm sure this could go other places, but i figured this would get more people to see it. I must say though that i was impressed with it. Never thought that was even possible off of a CD-R I figured it would need a re-writeable CD but you dont.

Yeah, it supprised me too. i felt stupid though because i look for like 15 minutes trying to burn the file to the cd... only to realise what it really was.

lol and people say vista doesn't have anything usefull.

Hmmm, are you sure it was rewriting a CD-R? I know its vista, but its just not possible to do that with a CD-R, because the dye on a disc doesnt allow it (im not gonna get technical here) I manufactured these for 8 yrs lol. Are you sure its not just adding more to the disc, try it and see if the space keeps going down.

idk if it was truly re-writing it, but at the very least it was not able to be seen. maybe jsut kinda crossed off and space not useable anymore, i shoulda checked that out, but it never occured to me.

either way, it impressed me, i never heard the disk write, but it had to seeing as how an XP machine could read the file i put on it.

really?? what version of vista do you have? Then one i was playing around with was Home Premium 32 bit.

hmm... try putting a blank CD, open up what used to be my computer, double click the drive to bring up the formatting options. Thats how i got the thing to come up, see if it works for you.

Back
Top Bottom