troppix

dude_se

Proper Legend
i downloaded an iso of troppix (for some reason, boredom mainly) and i wanted to know how to install it. bare in mind im a linux noob. or is there any other linux distros (with fast dl links) which are out there? i preferably want one that installs (not a live cd, even though i think troppix is a live cd, i think). any ideas?

2rzc5zm.jpg

edit: ubuntu looks ok and its dwnloading now. its at 17%. any other suggestions?

Ubuntu is my favorite by far. I'd recommend it to anyone, but especially for someone trying Linux for the first time because of the simple user interface.

You can't extract the files from the ISO and put them on your hard drive in Windows usually. Just use Nero or whatever and choose burn disc image.

yea i was just showing what files were in the iso as i dont see a setup, which there usually is in an iso. ubuntu is now at 31% and counting. i just hope everything will work, especially my wireless.

In Windows, you can't see most of the files from Linux stuff properly.

That's why you have to burn it directly from the ISO, it just directly puts the data on the disc.

Yeah, that's the biggest problem with Linux, trying to find drivers for everything.

ok. i think ill ditch troppix for now and ill burn ubuntu to a disc. its at 40% now. will it try and find my drivers or do i have to do it all manually?

If you're lucky, it'll recognize everything and install the included drivers.
That's in a perfect world though. Most likely you'll have to hunt down drivers for some things yourself.

hmm ok ill keep you posted. its now at 48%. i wish my mums internet wasnt so dogey. it started off at 230kb/s now is going anywhere between 100-180kb/s

+1 btw :)

lol yea i do. especially when its a film or a game which i want asap. its now at 53%. its slowly getting there. ive been trying to find a list of features and screenshots for ubuntu but didnt find much :(

im posting this off ubuntu. well it hasnt installed yet but its still running off the cd i think :s ...its going ok so far :p

Back
Top Bottom