Join the Marines? Need opinions PLEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Figure out what you will be doing, where you will be going, for how long etc.

Figure out if the money you get for going to those places and doing those things there will be worth it. Talk you your parents get their opinion, and talk to your girlfriend to see if she can handle not seeing you for long periods of time.

That's a great idea. Thanks man. I really appreciate it. :)

I do want to join but I'm hesitant at the same time due to family and friends, but it also something I would like to pursue for life experience. Maybe I should hold off? I have no idea... :confused:

Don't wait...

I waited almost three years after high school to join, and I wish I would have done it sooner.

Also, you can ask your recruiter where you'll be going and for how long, and he/she will tell you what you want to hear all day long, but truthfully, you won't know where you're going to be stationed until after basic training and your tech school. THEN, AFTER you've been at your first duty station at LEAST a year, you will be eligible for deployment. Don't get scared and think that as soon as you join that you're going to the sandbox. It doesn't really work that way. Besides, after you're in, and working, you'll probably WANT to go overseas...1. it's good money, tax free. 2. At this point you'll realize what you're really doing for your country, and you'll want to do more, by getting involved in the real fight.

Don't wait...

I waited almost three years after high school to join, and I wish I would have done it sooner.

Also, you can ask your recruiter where you'll be going and for how long, and he/she will tell you what you want to hear all day long, but truthfully, you won't know where you're going to be stationed until after basic training and your tech school. THEN, AFTER you've been at your first duty station at LEAST a year, you will be eligible for deployment. Don't get scared and think that as soon as you join that you're going to the sandbox. It doesn't really work that way. Besides, after you're in, and working, you'll probably WANT to go overseas...1. it's good money, tax free. 2. At this point you'll realize what you're really doing for your country, and you'll want to do more, by getting involved in the real fight.

That's what they told me as well. It takes almost a full year for you to even have proper training to be deployed somewhere. And even then the job I have I will most likely be NOT in Baghdad, and even then the 08' Presidential Elections will be held, and I can guarantee that the first thing ANY of them do is pull the troops out.

Yeah don't wait. These are the prime years of your life for a field of work such as this.

Then you can come back, and persue something in the field of computers. Create a business, make me your manager, we get rich. Bada bing, Bada boom just like that.

Yeah don't wait. These are the prime years of your life for a field of work such as this.

Then you can come back, and persue something in the field of computers. Create a business, make me your manager, we get rich. Bada bing, Bada boom just like that.

Sounds good.

Ironically enough they had me choose these top 5 things as to why i wanted to enlist, 3 of them were education, leadership/management, professionalism. That and I love stocks and the like. So yeah, lets make a business. :D

Haha, sounds good man.

Whatever you do, just think of it like this...

"Will I be happier when I make this decision, or would I be happier with out this decision".

Haha, sounds good man.

Whatever you do, just think of it like this...

"Will I be happier when I make this decision, or would I be happier with out this decision".

See that's my problem. I don't think it matters in either case because somewhere down the line I'll have to do a shit job, and somewhere down the line I'll wonder about the other choice. *sigh*

Go in the Marines.

You wont have a shit job there, and it prepares you for the future with money for college so you don't even have a shit job.

Then.....

ArrizX said:
Create a business, make me your manager, we get rich. Bada bing, Bada boom just like that.

yo man that's a big commitment. I think before you decide to join you need to make sure that there is no shadow of a doubt that you want to do it. To join in the defense of your country is an admirable thing to do and such a thing that I personally would not be able to do because I don't condone warfare but either way, the world obviously is a very violent place and so someone has to fight against it or everything will ultimately go to shit.
Just remember when you're in the recruiting office they will try and tell you anything to get you to sign up because, simply put, that's their job. So I wouldnt really listen to what they have to say or let them change your opinions.
I don't what else to tell ya. You could possibly be heading down a road that takes you on an experience of a life time or possibly something that will take you to the sixth circle of hell. Tough choice, no doubt about that.

Hey man, wahts up. IDK what to tell you, i don't have time to read everone else's responses because i'm still at work. However, i htink you should take your time wiht this one... If you choose to join and decide later not to, you SOL. I have the highest respect for anyone could go and do that, i don't think i could.

Take your time with the choice. looking at D88 above me, i agree with him, you will need no doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom