Which class to choose?

Uriss

Baseband Member
I would like some help in deciding which classes or better yet electives to see what would be right for me. I know nothing of computers but during the final months of my school year and my summer, I want to cover topics on basic things I should know so I at least have a background before I go into those classes.

These are the computer classes:

Computer Applications 1 & Career Development
Microcomputers
Computer Programming 1H
Computer Programming 1R
Advanced Computers
LEP Computers

These are just electives and this is how they want me to fill it out. I have to circle four of them with the one I feel most important goes on top in descending order.

Most likely, I will take two of the four I choose(the first two will be most likely my classes with 3 and 4 being "backup").

I'm not sure which would give me a general,basic understanding of computers and from there I want to do basic programming.

Really I want a class that gives a general idea of computers covering many basic topics and basic programming.
Help is appreciated.

If these are for high school your lucky, our high school has pretty much no computer electives other than C++

This for high school but I need a class that will give a me a general understanding of computer and basic programming.

That is exactly what i was thinking and I appreciate your help and the other members but the first class would cover what topics?

We could only tell you a little about the class, seeing as it is high school specific. Your school should have a syllabus for each course, though. Go to the front office and find one for each class and see what it covers.

Going out on a limb and saying what each is about:

Computer Applications 1 & Career Development - This would be about starting a career involving computers and more based on using windows and other programs.

Microcomputers - Working with robots and stuff

Computer Programming 1H - Computer language, possibly C++ / html
Computer Programming 1R - Same thing only more advanced or vice versa
Advanced Computers - For the people who have taken most of the courses and want to learn more
LEP Computers - No clue.

I'd say Microcomputers if it is anything like our Microapplications. (MS OFFICE Programs)

Computer Applications 1 & Career Development

You cant go wrong with that either.

All depends on your computer knowledge.

Back
Top Bottom