Appearance problem...

Breaker3D

Solid State Member
I've recently had a problem with the visual styling on windows xp, i seem to have aquired some sort of windows xp/classic theme. On the start menu images are not shown next to the username and when i log into the desktop i have to use a classic style thingy window. Also the ctrl + alt + del function is classic :(. Can anyone help please? Thanks in advance

Did you go into the display properties to see if someone accidentally switched the theme from Windows XP to Windows Classic?

When did this start happening, are you connected to a network or anything?

Im not sure, i recently rebooted the computer because it was completely messed up. All was fine until i connected to our network yeah, could be why. Don't know how to go about fixing it though :(

If your connected to a domain, then the windows welcome screen is disabled by default so its probably to do with that. Otherwise it could be a group policy setting. What happens if you remove it from the network and boot into the system with a local account?

You just said in your other post that you have connected to your network, so i said to remove it from your network and see what happens.:)

He means to disconnect from the network and boot the machine without getting to the domain (ie. office or school network). Some school or office networks will have you in a group that can disable the XP type stuff and make it look like Windows Classic.

Back
Top Bottom