limewire is annoying

thanks for the rep! you should give torrents a go. i think they are better for large files such as games

ty. and i usually look at file sizes of things i want to dl b4 i do so i can tell if it is reasonable. a song is about 3mb to 4mb while games are like watever. bf2 demo from limewire is 1 gb. starcraft which i was dling was 108 mb pretty reasonable.
this happens on my friends comps too. ok done. +1 evryone to keep u guys happy

I usually go into the 'options' of Limewire 4.12.6 and remove certain file extensions (.wma,.vbs. .wsh exe. etc...) that mostly consist of malicious code. I only use Limewire for music and books. I wouldnt dare download certain file extensions applications .exe they usually have bundled software with it. It's not that hard to do. ;)

Also, with Limewire their are different ways to obtain a remote machines IP address (one your downloading from) and browse their shared folder and tons of other stuff. I wont mention or list. ;)

Thanks, 0x0161

thanks for the rep! you should give torrents a go. i think they are better for large files such as games

Torrents are by far a better option, i used to use limewire and winmx and was allways picking up a virus/worm or some form of spyware so i changed to torrents, and i hardly get any, you should stay away from the exe files they tend to carry most of them, unfortunatly all software has exe files so its case of pot luck, you generaly find them fine. as long as you scan the file before opening it you should be ok,

heres a tip, always preview the file before its done, such as a movie, if wmp says it cant play the mpeg file, cancel the download. and if it looks too good to be true, its probably too good to be true. (free games that are usually not free anywhere else) like say there was a thing called free counter strike with cd key, its probably just a cover up. and watch the file sizes.

microsoft can legally crew your computer up....!? in what way?

They work with an outside company in wich all they do is monitor all file sharing networks and sites, with help from Microsoft by law they have the right to intercept the d/l (download) and then impliment the DRM. (Digital Rights Managment) wich puts in place ways to freeze up your cd/dvd burner or computer.

Don't ask me how i know this, i just know it's true.

Torrents are by far a better option, i used to use limewire and winmx and was allways picking up a virus/worm or some form of spyware so i changed to torrents, and i hardly get any, you should stay away from the exe files they tend to carry most of them, unfortunatly all software has exe files so its case of pot luck, you generaly find them fine. as long as you scan the file before opening it you should be ok,
yeah i used to use limewire a lot , i still do in the rare case that i want just 1 song as it aint worth the fuss on torrents but if i want a whole album i just use a torrent or anything else large i will use a torrent

They work with an outside company in wich all they do is monitor all file sharing networks and sites, with help from Microsoft by law they the right to intercept the d/l (download) and then impliment the DRM. (Digital Rights Managment) wich puts in place ways to freeze up your cd/dvd burner or computer.

I believe you when you say that they have outside companys monitor file sharing networks. However, I don't believe they can intercept the download and freeze up your optical drive on your unit.

I used to work for a huge ISP in the USA and we had 3rd party vendors that would monitor our network(s) aswell as our own IT/NOC departments that would monitor our networks.

I have been using P2P networks since Napster days I never had any issues with any of my optical drives. (cd/dvd burners/players etc...) I must be lucky. ;)

very interesting reply ~mr mixx~ thanks for the info.

P.S With limewire I obtain the remote machines IP address and do some information gathering on the remote host before downloading from it. I'm just double checking the source Im downloading it from. ;)

oh and one tip, with limewire turn OFF the file sharing. my friends IM account got hacked by someone who searched for 'Yahoo' on limewire. up popped his acount info and the dude logged on as him and started IMing me! and i also suggest not using limewire. its a virus magnet! once i had limewire and it screwed my computer up so bad we were so close to a format. and im still getting popups from nowhere land ROFL!

They work with an outside company in wich all they do is monitor all file sharing networks and sites, with help from Microsoft by law they have the right to intercept the d/l (download) and then impliment the DRM. (Digital Rights Managment) wich puts in place ways to freeze up your cd/dvd burner or computer.

Hmmm, can you post proof of this, sounds like complete BS to me lol.

Back
Top Bottom