Computer wont start?

Sh0gun

Beta member
ok so my moms computer broke awhile back, so she gave it to me. Basically it just sat there with a whole bunch of other computers I didnt really need but where there if I needed something. I just recently decided to work on the thing. The power source was bad so i replaced it, but it still wont turn on. The light is yellow like its on stand by? I'm getting no response from anything. personally I was thinking the jumper switches, but I doubt it.

I would begin my taking out the bits that you don't need and try powering it on then but its a long shot

When you press the power button, does anything happen? Fans/lights/Sound?

like i said i get no response from anything except for the light on the front button it acts likes its on standby but nothing is running

well if wen u say

like i said i get no response from anything except for the light on the front button it acts likes its on standby but nothing is running

u mean no fan or n e thing turnin on i wud say ur mobo is gone but i often jump to conclusions without alot of thought

Did you make sure all the cables for the powerswitch are plugged in properly to the motherboard?

Also try different memory, if there is a network card, take that out.

Rams definetly not bad, I'm thinking its the motherboard now that you mention it I dunno we don't even get the stand by light on the tower anymore lol

Back
Top Bottom