Laptop freezing up!

PCPatrick

Solid State Member
I have a 2-year-old Dell Inspiron 600m laptop which keeps freezing up on me... After a couple of minutes of checking the web and looking at documents, it'll suddenly lock up and the only way to turn it off and back on is pressing the power button...no CTL + ALT + DEL. At first I thought it may be overheating because it seems its fan has not cut on in a couple of days, however, the notebook continues to lock up when it has not been on for several hours and is cool. Does anyone know what possibly could be the problem? Any input would greatly appreciated. Thanks!
--
PCPatrick

What OS are you using, it could be a numbe rof things that cause freeze up..do you leave the computer on all the time ?

Have you checked for viruses and spyware? Have you tried defragging the HDD? Have you cleared space off your HDD, its probably full of crap now if you have been running it for 2 years.

Have you checked for viruses and spyware? Have you tried defragging the HDD? Have you cleared space off your HDD, its probably full of crap now if you have been running it for 2 years.

I have plenty of space. I'm starting to think, somehow, my system is overheating...

I have plenty of space. I'm starting to think, somehow, my system is overheating...

Well if you have done a tweak with the graphics card or cpu, then that might be your problem. If not then hunting down this prob. might take some time. if not you did say something with the fan not kicking on.

I would have someone check out the fan inside for you, I would take it to a computer place and get their opinion on what's going on with the fan.

Well if you have done a tweak with the graphics card or cpu, then that might be your problem. If not then hunting down this prob. might take some time. if not you did say something with the fan not kicking on.

I would have someone check out the fan inside for you, I would take it to a computer place and get their opinion on what's going on with the fan.

thanks, mr. mixx. i guess i'll take it to best buy, or something like that...

ask them for an honest opinion before asking them to actually fix it, they just might trouble shoot it for you before getting technical with it...good luck.

Back
Top Bottom