Airsnort on windows xp professional?

Fisher

Fully Optimized
has there been any release of airsnort that works with windows. i know there is a way of getting it to work on windows, seems abit tricky but all the posts i read about it was back in 2003/2004 so i was wondering if anyone one has come up with a simpler way to get it to work on windows since?

AirSnort is a wireless LAN (WLAN) tool which recovers encryption keys. AirSnort operates by passively monitoring transmissions, computing the encryption key when enough packets have been gathered.

I have never heard of AirSnort before, try googling it for more info.

i have been and i have come to the conclusion i need to install linux as a dual boot. then i can try other programs such as aircrack as well. also need to buy a cisco wifi card with an atheros chipset

i have been and i have come to the conclusion i need to install linux as a dual boot. then i can try other programs such as aircrack as well. also need to buy a cisco wifi card with an atheros chipset
yea. my wireless card doesnt work with aircrack, which is a good program :(

I believe wireshark is another wireless packet sniffing program you might want to look into. Ported for the Win 32 system.

yea ive heard good things about wireshark. cain and abel is good aswell. i dont know how to use a lot of it which is a waste :(

Last edited by mark thorpe : Yesterday at 10:22 AM

Why did you edit my reply? *At least* PM ME to inform me of why you did it. Seriously, IMO it was an informative thread nothing that could/would violate any terms here @ www.computerforums.org

also to answer this question directly you don't need Linux in order to run Aircrack either.

I was simply showing him you don't need to dual boot your system to run Airsnort or aircrack for that matter. Since they are both for win32.

Cheers, 0x0161

Back
Top Bottom