Connectivity issues

jlh22

Beta member
We are using a 2Wire 2701HG Router with SBC Yahoo DSL. We have a HP Desktop (Presario using XP) hooked up via the ethernet cable and 2 laptops accessing wirelessly. The Desktop continually loses internet connection, especially when one of the laptops (Presario V6000 using Vista) is accessing a particular gaming site (Warrock) but the other laptop (Dell running XP) doesn't lose connection at all. I have used the ethernet cable with this laptop to verify that it is not the problem and the network adapter in the desktop indicates that it is functioning normally. Could a particular site be causing this? I have gone to tech support for all products without resolution. My roomates are going crazy, so any ideas would be great.

You stated, "I have used the ethernet cable with this laptop to verify that it is not the problem and the network adapter in the desktop indicates that it is functioning normally."
I assume you meant the cable wasn't bad. I suggest doing some ping tests from the tower while hardwired. See if you're dropping any packets. Do the tests while your laptop is/is not accessing the gaming site you think is the culprit.

A possible resolution would be to update the NIC drivers on the tower.

Back
Top Bottom