HELP!! Smiley faces after BIOS Startup!! Then Windows problems!

Even after you do a format and fresh install, there are still errors in the registry from the previous install, although i am not dis-agreeing with you both, just saying the reg. clean will help out alot.

~mr mixx~ said:
Even after you do a format and fresh install, there are still errors in the registry from the previous install, although i am not dis-agreeing with you both, just saying the reg. clean will help out alot.
Can you show me a link to where you have heard this? If you format the drive then its all gone, registry and all.

did you do a quick format or a full format? if it was a quick format i think some of the registry is still there not sure though. a full format completely wipes out everything so if you did a full, then it is probably a hareware problem.

no, a quick format still wipes the entire drive. There is still no way that the registry would have survived.

celegorm said:
no, a quick format still wipes the entire drive. There is still no way that the registry would have survived.
I read somewhere that some viruses can slip through reformats. :confused:

none that i've ever seen. I've yet to see proof of anything surviving a quick format, and for that fact, a full format. is it possable for it to happen? IMO no. that seems to be the one thing windows has done right.

at work i do the quick format to save time. That, and a normal format doesn't seem to make any differance, so why waste the time??

Back
Top Bottom