Downgrading to XP

dude_se said:
vista doesnt seem very network friendly atm lol. well xp can have pretty much everything disabled, i doubt theres ways of setting up a network thats just as decent yet. i just have a feeling there will be more loop holes with vista when its in schools.
yay , unfortunatley i am leaving school before they install vista

some computers in out school are 128mb ram, 300mhz celerons, or there abouts. i dont think we will be getting it soon loool

wow.. i have no problems with vista at all except i don't got no drviers for printers... you should visit iexbeats vista rtm software comp...

dude_se said:
vista doesnt seem very network friendly atm lol. well xp can have pretty much everything disabled, i doubt theres ways of setting up a network thats just as decent yet. i just have a feeling there will be more loop holes with vista when its in schools.

vista's connections window is mumbo jumbo. so confusing.

i wished vista would keep a xp look alike with extra features and look better using the xp format

dude_se said:
some computers in out school are 128mb ram, 300mhz celerons, or there abouts. i dont think we will be getting it soon loool
The worst we have is an AMD duron 800mhz 256mb ram its only for the cnc machine in our DT department , they need 98 coz of the cnc drivers as far as i can gather so it runs 98 , only comp left in our school that runs 98

dude_se said:

Wow thats shit

We don't have anything below 800mhz and 256 ram, and every PC runs XP.

However we have 12 1.25+ghz emacs (768+ ram) and 10 Core 2 Duo iMac's that are great :)

dude_se said:
You beaten us. My old school used to have lots of 128MB RAM, Pentium 200, a 2.1 GB HDD for a PC. Windows 98, bloated with their useless crap. I have one of them hanging on my wall.

You know what? I have a Vista XTREAM setup file. It's a Vista Lite version. I think I'll give this a go with 256MB RAM. It works. You know...a Dell PII400, 256MB RAM, a 60GB HDD for now...that would own. Oh well, I'll do that project when my room is going to get bigger. Pics promised.

DJ-CHRIS said:
Wow thats shit

We don't have anything below 800mhz and 256 ram, and every PC runs XP.

However we have 12 1.25+ghz emacs (768+ ram) and 10 Core 2 Duo iMac's that are great :)

yeah? before I built my PC in 2004, (which i've upgraded and still use today), i was using a 150MHz Pentium I, with 32MB RAM on Windows 95...

that 800MHz PC is like a Ferrari Enzo compared to my old machine :p

gplpark92 said:
yeah? before I built my PC in 2004, (which i've upgraded and still use today), i was using a 150MHz Pentium I, with 32MB RAM on Windows 95...

that 800MHz PC is like a Ferrari Enzo compared to my old machine :p

haha. you cant beat old computers though. i just like digging out an old computer and looking through all the crap on it.

Back
Top Bottom