Best virus protection to use

BrianS

In Runtime
I have been all over the internet and no one agrees. What is the best anti-virus program to use. Also which ones should I stay away from. I have an idea of the ones I should stay away from but I would like some input from everyone.

AVG is a free antivirus software , and it works perfectly fine , dont geet mcafee or norton cos they hog sys resources

Let me add one thing to this. I do use Bit Defender at home and absolutely love it. This is going to be for work purposes. We have 15 computers. I installed Bit Defender on 2 computers here at work and things started to mess us. We use Quickbooks constantly, and the way Quickbooks works is, there is one administrator computer with the company records on it and then the other computers grab those files across the network and use them. The computer that was not an administrator couldn't access those files to run the Quickbooks. Bit Defender doesn't have any firewall options in the anti-virus version. So this also needs to be taken into consideration.

freestyler105 said:
AVG is good, if you want a paid solution I'd recommend NOD32, hands down the best.

NOD32 is overall the best IMO, however it has a few downfalls

-Not very user friendly (However, computer literate people should be able to figure it out quickly)

DJ-CHRIS said:

-Not very user friendly (However, computer literate people should be able to figure it out quickly)
Well, assuming the tech guys at his workplace are installing it, I don't think they'll have a problem.

DJ-CHRIS said:

I agree with you NOD 32 is by far the best av i have ever had, it was no1 last year, its dropped to no3 now but i would reccomend it to anyone. it updates 2/3times daily

NOD32 is the best by far, you can get a trial from www.eset.com. You also get extra features if you register the product properly instead of using the free trial hack.:)

Raffaz said:
NOD32 is the best by far, you can get a trial from www.eset.com. You also get extra features if you register the product properly instead of using the free trial hack.:)

I dont know aboat the extra features but the free trial hack works fine for me and has done for the last year or so :)

Back
Top Bottom