Help(again) pls

FERW48

Baseband Member
When I trying to run some movie/video on WMP or Winamp , the computer goes veeery slow(it lates about 2 min for loading ctr alt del :p with 1GB RAM) and it lags a lot, but this only happens with movies/videos because when I running music it opens normally.
Also when I unrar files in Documents Folders(Music,Images) the file desapearse and I cant see it(Its not visible also for Windows search), and when I try to urar it for second time it asks me if I want to replace file - but there isnt any file(visible)
How can I solution that , help please

What are your full system specs?? Either post the computer model (i.e. Gateway GT5028) or tell us what the parts are.

Pentium 4 CPU 2.66 GHZ
1GB RAM
XFX Geforce 6200
Motherboard Biostar P4 series P4M800-M4
HDD MAXTOR 80GB and MAXTOR STM 250GB

And this happened when I installed Windows on MAXTOR STM , I aslo changed graphic card

Have you scanned for viruses, spyware etc. Run hijackthis and post the log. Is your OS upto date with the latest service packs etc?

Have you checked your destination folder in winrar to check where it is sending the folder, try changing it to send it to you desktop and see if the files have gone there after unzipped, as or wmp running slowy ,have you got alot of big programmes on your hard drive that is slowing you computer down i.e. other movies or games?

could be a hard drive prob , cos playing vids would need to load a lot of file from hdd yet playin music wouldnt , also extracting with winrar would also slow hdd down , try a disk defrag and how much free space ya got

how big are the vid files ,cos b4 i have had a comp crash when trying to load 1gb or 2gb vid files , plus how big is the extraction and does it still complete

no viruses or spyware , and i have 200GB of space and videos are very small and I alredy did that of chek errors and I'll try to defrag

I reinstalled the windows and all videos anf films was going good until I installed the update and directx , now I can open the film with winamp but I see all black(I already installed all codecs) and with media player it doesnt loads
...Now I understand why a lot of people hate windows...

Back
Top Bottom