Help Me With This Weird Virus

pooker

In Runtime
Ok I run firefox and I was browsing a forum, well in one of the posts I noticed a link that said download this.... Well I did (I know really stupid) and it puts some weird posting virus that I can not get rid of and I do not know what to do. Basically what it does is anytime I post on the internet it automatically inserts a website link into my post I believe it says http://www.nuclearwarsite.com/iraq and it is also a virus. That is not the exact website but something similar, I don't want anyone else to get this virus.

have you run antispyware software or a anti virus to see if it removes it?, try spybot search and destroy or adaware there free downloads

I ran norton anti-virus and even with my microsoft firewall up set to not allowing any exceptions it still makes these posts. Norton says my system is fine. I tried running some security program that says what is loading or active when your browser is active but that didn't work, :(

you need to run an antispyware program, you could try windows defender, another option is to delete your cookies as it might have installed a third party in there that is recalling the web addess, look in ad/remove programs aswell to see if theres anything unknown to you in there that might have been installed without you knowing

Thanks for the advice guys, I will try the above stated program and there is some weird programs in there that will not let me remove them. I will try to get rid of them in safemode and report my findings. Thanks!

rudster816 said:
remove that link from your post someone is bound to download it w\o reading
Thats not the link, noone should have to worry that is not the website that has the virus. It was something that it looked like, I left out words to it if you click on it, it wont take you to the virus page, I was just hoping someone might recognize the words from it and relate it to a similar virus. :)

Back
Top Bottom