damn why cant they have these phone in america???

If you want to see a really sweet phone, check out the Sony Ericcson. They have some awesome phones. All of these phones are released in South Korea, they are way more advanced when it comes to this technology then the US. Same with Internet speeds.

A lot of people do find these phones and import them. The only thing you really need to check is if it uses the same protocol for its towers as ours do. If not then the phone won't be able to use these towers.

You can always import them. I'm sure eBay has a ton of those. I know this guy who spend months trying to find the perfect Japanese phone before he had it unlocked and imported over here.

I agree though, I like the Asian phones more...the design is more original. They also get it before North America does.

I think it's either because they are too poor to ship it here or the goverment is being a bastard, by not allowing it.

Yeah, shipping is pretty expensive. I'm pretty sure it's not the government though. Usually it passes customs fine. US Customs isn't going to seize a phone just because it's being imported.

Ownage just recently bought his Cell Shock RAM sticks and they were from Germany so it took a few days, but it passed customs. Just takes time.

I just got a Nokia 6288 (well my dad did) as a contract phone, it was abit to high tek for him so him just put the contract sim in this free phone he got as it was more convinient to him and give me the Nokia... I went to this shop that unlocks them and they were going to charge me £40 and it would take 3-4 weeks to unlock it.. :l I'm going to phone vodaphone up and ask them to give me the restriction code, I think its abit daft as my dad is still paying for the contract and at the end of the contract it will be his anyway!

Back
Top Bottom