msn live messenger at school

dude_se

Proper Legend
well i bring my laptop in a lot and the rooms i go in most have the crappy restricted internet. i therefore cannot use msn or view some sites, i can get on emessenger via a proxy but it sucks. is there a way for me to get the proper live messenger (i think you can do it through a proxy but havent had any luck so far)

Lol nope from experience, connections to the MSN servers are blocked off, and you have to connect to them to get on MSN.

Just wait til you get home mate, concentrate on your studies an that shit lol

dude_se said:
well i bring my laptop in a lot and the rooms i go in most have the crappy restricted internet. i therefore cannot use msn or view some sites, i can get on emessenger via a proxy but it sucks. is there a way for me to get the proper live messenger (i think you can do it through a proxy but havent had any luck so far)

Close to impossible

(Setting MSN to use HTTP method + setting an HTTP proxy server should theoretically work but i've had no luck getting this to work)

Yeah, they have all the ports blocked except for a few like HTTP, so MSN won't be able to connect even if you did get the software on the computer.

One way that might work would be to use a remote desktop program and actually run it through your home PC:
https://secure.logmein.com/home.asp

depends on the school network really. but if it is anyting like my school network you have no luck. plus like others are saying, you should be working on your studies and not a lot of people are going to be on anyways. to bypass the proxy you would need the proxies address and the port number msn uses. plus, my network requires that you are part of the domain and for that you need a computer account, which i could set up for myself, but i would get into deep shit for doing that ^_^

well i would be doing it all on my laptop, so the only problem is the connection as it blocks msn. i have a few free periods a week and i just wondered if this would work in school. it sounds quite hard/impossible :(

Back
Top Bottom