Linux

In my opinion - no. If you don't have any problems with Windows, there's really no reason to use it. I've used it before, but after a day or so I always go back to Windows.

If you do want to try it, I'd recommend Ubuntu.

well it depends. I have linux installed, but I'm still mostly on win xp. But I still like having linux, I use it once in a while and I really like it.

In the end it's up to you, try it out and see if you like it. I'd recommend kubuntu, though if you want to use gnome then ubuntu.

Although i haven't explored the linux world yet, I do have to agree with the dual boot option as a way to go. And I heard that the new Dell computers will come with a dual boot option and linux pre-installed on them.

i think its worth it. if you could game with linux liek xp.. i would have it primarily on my hd. i have a partition of xp and linux on my hd

neodude112320 said:
is there anything special that it can do that windows cant??

Go to youtube and search for "beryl" and there you have the most attractive thing for end users that linux can do and windows can't.

srt4play said:
Go to youtube and search for "beryl" and there you have the most attractive thing for end users that linux can do and windows can't.

Looks like Vista and MacOSX Exposé rolled into one... nice!

Linux is nice, but I don't use it primarly. I would rather Windows because of compatibility (though Vista is so-so on that). Vista has lots of free open-source programs available to download too for it. If you like it, why not dual-boot? It won't hurt anything. :)

I've got Ubuntu dual booted with Windows XP but I don't use it that often. I sort of got frustrated trying to set it up for programming since it was just being a complete hassle so i have left it alone for now. I still like having it though in case windows f***s up something lol. So is it worth it? To some, yes, to others, definitely not. I did vote yes though

Back
Top Bottom