Dam....My pc is Outdated

I love raceing games,i was flicking through gamespot and saw that test drive unlimited was being released,anyways i though "hey my pc will run the no probz",i did a search and found that these are the specs needed:

OS
Windows 2000/XP and above.

CPU
ntel P4 @ 2.4Ghz or AMD Athlon 3000+.

GPU (Video Card)
ATI Radeon 9800 or Nvidia 6600 GT with 256 MB of VRAM.
Video Cards with vertex/pixel shaders 2.x and above are recommended.

SPU (Sound Card)
DirectX 9.0 compatible Sound Card.

System Memory
512 MB – 1 GB recommended.

Dam,it was only a year ago my pc could play all new releases,What about u guys?

Mine's about 4 years old, so already outdated!

Intel Pentium 4 2.0 GHz
768Mb RAM
60GB HDD
nVIDIA m64/64PRO AGP graphiccs card, 32MB RAM
Win Xp home

Mine is 3 or 4 years old now.

Was a great computer when I bought it.

Now... Not so much, lmao.

The only thing I have upgraded in years is the video card to an eVGA 7600GT KO. Along with that it's got the 630 in it, 160GB Seagate, and 1GB ram, with a 22'' Scepture gamer to view it all on!

I have five computer's in wich I only bought one, and the rest were given to me..All of them are tweaked to the max and are doing fine playing games on three, testing programs and stuff on one, and the other for recording.

Most of the computer's that were given to me ar kinda old, but it's the power of the tweaks that make them worth keeping around.

ArrizX said:
Mine is 3 or 4 years old now.

Was a great computer when I bought it.

Now... Not so much, lmao.

The only thing I have upgraded in years is the video card to an eVGA 7600GT KO. Along with that it's got the 630 in it, 160GB Seagate, and 1GB ram, with a 22'' Scepture gamer to view it all on!
22" Sceptre users unite!!! Man, I love that thing...

My new build will play pretty much anything, so I'm not too worried. And the X2 3800+ is still really nice.

We have the downstairs computer, Celeron 2.66Ghz, 512MB RAM. The server, Pentium D 3Ghz, 1GB RAM, and my laptop, Core Duo 1.6Ghz, 1GB RAM. They do what we need them to do..

my computer os quite outdated
amd athlon xp 2000+
2x30gb hard drives
512mb pc2100 ram
integrated vid
i am not a gamer so it does what i need it for
then the other comp
2.53celeron
512mb pc3200
80gb hard drive
integrated vid

Technology updates each and every day, so even with the "best" hardware, you'll be out of date soon..

Even out of date hardware runs generally good for most things, within reason.

my computer is a little bit over a year old, i built it around the time i joined so it still works alright... but with vista out already and dx10 picking up speed, i'll be needing a new rig in the next 1-2 years, probably a lappy for college.

Bahawolf said:
Technology updates each and every day, so even with the "best" hardware, you'll be out of date soon..

Even out of date hardware runs generally good for most things, within reason.
I prefer gaming consoles for gaming cos you would have to update your pc every 6months to a year for gaming and i couldnt afford that . for now my two pc's do fine in our house cos they are basically for web surfing , listening to music and general school /college work

Back
Top Bottom