Has my PC HAd it !!!! :(

rocketpants

Baseband Member
Has My Pc Had It !!! :( !!!

My systen was working fine till i switched it on last nite, It went strait to the black & white start up select page..i.e safe mode or nomal startup etc, but despite my keyboard woking cannot move the cursor to start it up in Safe mode...so it waits thirty seconds & starts up normally..
However as the "Windows" bar & icon appear, it waits say 5 seconds befor a blue screen with a messag that appears so biefly i had to video it & freeze frame to see what it said !!...It then goes back to the black & white startup page ,but same problem, cannot move the cursor to start up in safe mode & the whole process strats over..& if i left it would be doing the same over & over again.

The message that very briefly appears appart from the usual "An error has occured etc etc"...mentions "Boot Volume" & also removing any new hardware or software...which ofcourse i cannot do !!...I can however gain acceess to the bios & this looks like the only way i am going to resolve this problem,if at all...cannot be sure if it harware or software related...
Anyway, any advice would be appreciated...Thanks...Andy

i probs would do a repair installation. doesnt take long and is pretty simple. it will hopefully rule out all the software problems that could be causing this. just pop the cd in. set the bios to boot from cd first, load the cd, and run the xp setup. you will also get to keep all your files and stuff. there are some things you could try in recovery console if you are familuar with it.

dude_se said:
i probs would do a repair installation. doesnt take long and is pretty simple. it will hopefully rule out all the software problems that could be causing this. just pop the cd in. set the bios to boot from cd first, load the cd, and run the xp setup. you will also get to keep all your files and stuff. there are some things you could try in recovery console if you are familuar with it.

Thaks...only potential problem is that the guy who built it used a non original CD, & although i am fine about buying a new xp cd not sure if it will work, but guess its best to get one anyway ??

any xp cd will work, as long as you use the same key you used the first time (or you could use a new key, bit of a waste though).... thats if its a legal version.

dude_se said:
any xp cd will work, as long as you use the same key you used the first time (or you could use a new key, bit of a waste though).... thats if its a legal version.
Unfortunatley it not a legal version so may well have to bite the bullet on this one just get my files back..but thanks for ur advice.....Redditch u.k BTW...small world :)

Back
Top Bottom