pc freezes !!

no problems in device manager, I tried original cd's and movies still same problem, it seems to happen with any cd's. I did some troubleshooting ,change ide cable, tried a different cd rom I had laying around and still same problem and I did updates with microsoft.

what should I be looking for in the event viewer?

Just look for anything that happened at the same time as the computer crashes (everything is time coded)

I believe I solved my problem , a fresh install of win xp did the job. Every since I did the install I been useing my dvd burner with movies and cd's with no problems.

THANKS FOR ALL YA'LL HELP!!

Although i see you have resolved your prob. i would suggest using a reg cleaner to make sure there are not any errors still in the registry from the last install.

I would suggest that you use a full version though, a trial period one will only remove a few and you want all errors removed wich will result in a more stable and faster computer.

Also doing a defrag in safe mode will also speed up the operation of the OS.

I will have to say your wrong there, i have tested this many times and have come up with the same out come. test it yourself if you don't believe me. take a blank hhd and do a fresh install of win xp on it.

Then use three different registry cleaner's on it, and i will bet money on it, that at least two of the registry cleaner's will find errors in there.

-edit-

try System mechanic / registry doctor / and one more of your picking...and i bet it finds errors from the previous install.

I would personally say your wrong, you can get registry errors from a clean install, they wont be from the previous install tho. Eg the cleaner might find problems with the fresh install. But it aint gonna find problems with a program that was installed on the previous installation, simply coz its been formatted. You try that for yourself.

Back
Top Bottom