re-installing xp pro

PuNkY

In Runtime
just for the hell of it. i might sound really nerdy but i like re-installing windows every now and then. every time i re-install windows i ALWAYS get some different error. my recent one i got was 2 hardware errors.

so my 1st question is should i take out my Linksys WMP54G v4.1 PCI card out before i pop in my xp cd, and put it back in when everything is all setup?

and my 2nd and final question is, should i disable the floppy drive in hdevice manager? i get an error while shutting down saying that drive A:(floppy drive) is busy or open. the funny thing is, i do not have a floppy drive and NEVER did. so i have no clue what to do. :confused:

Are you getting errors from the linksys during installation? If you are then it wont hurt to remove it till after the install.

Disable the floppy drive in the BIOS

Raffaz said:
Are you getting errors from the linksys during installation? If you are then it wont hurt to remove it till after the install.

Disable the floppy drive in the BIOS

well its not really an error. it just doesnt show that i have anything connected in the PCI slot i have it in. but after i install everything from the linksys disk (i hate the program they have) it finally shows up.

thx for the help with the floppy drive. i worked! lol

Back
Top Bottom