Best OS for a hack/virus free environment take two

Defiantly not windows XP for starters, and Vista won't be much better.

Linux has a million exploits for it too. Mac OS is linux based and has quite a few exploits.

The most secure major OS would be IOS, and theirs lots of other really secure OS'S out their.

"Apple Tigger X"

tigger.jpg

:D

Seriously though, I don't see why Linux is so secure (not saying it isn't, I just don't get how/why) - it's open source, any hacker can take it apart and break bits of it.

Windows Vista is pretty damn good, as I've been running it without AV or firewall for weeks and haven't picked up anything at all. Closed source means it's harder to find holes.

And "No OS" definitely doesn't count. Without any sort of OS, your computer is just a box filled with electronic components, complete junk.

UK31337 said:
"Apple Tigger X"

tigger.jpg

Seriously though, I don't see why Linux is so secure (not saying it isn't, I just don't get how/why) - it's open source, any hacker can take it apart and break bits of it.

Windows Vista is pretty damn good, as I've been running it without AV or firewall for weeks and haven't picked up anything at all. Closed source means it's harder to find holes.

And "No OS" definitely doesn't count. Without any sort of OS, your computer is just a box filled with electronic components, complete junk.
Lol, I thought the same thing about Tigger!!

Anyway, I would go with Linux.

I put no OS beacause you CAN'T get hacked or get a virus from it. just reaching thoughs smart asses :p

UK31337 said:
"Apple Tigger X"

tigger.jpg

Most OS X code is BSD (Linux) as well as alot of OS X is open source as well.

OS X is less secure than the average linux variant, mainly due to some things they put in for users to have an easy time.

Yeah...and I think part of the reason OS X is less secure is because there're more users, therefore more people for the viruses to target. Also, most people using Linux are advanced enough to know how to secure their computers.

borat_sagdiyev said:
dude, research some apple shit before you go about writing apple tigger x

its mac os x tiger.....

noob
Wow...maybe it was just a typo, don't be so hard on him.

No Messed up. just FYI i HATE Apple. (no affence) (and bad speller) just way to user friendly and everything i use a computer for needs windows or linux. Mac's just dont have any programs that i would use. And for that i dont do lots of reasearch on the mac's. but i put it to be fair.

Back
Top Bottom