wireless and ethernet prob

dude_se said:
forgot about this thread lol! .. ipconfig is above^^. at home is ok. everywhere is ok except school
ipconfig /all will give even more information than ipconfig above :)

i havent got an ipconfig yet tho :( tried the wireless on my friends laptop and the net at school works perfectly :O ... im bringing mine in tomorrow and was wondering what i can do before hand to fix it? ... he has a compaq presario v5000. his wireless card is inbuilt and is simular to mine. intel 56464bg or something (i just made the numbers up but its something like that). any ideas?

Which version of windows are you running on your laptop, and is it up to date with service packs? Basically the best thing to do would be to copy the settings from your buddy's laptop, or talk to the network administrator at your school and ask them if they have any access restrictions. It could be something as simple as they limit the number of computers than can be connected wirelessly?

naa wont be the limit or anything like that. its all up to date. apparently it only works on ie 6 which i have. what u mean copy the settings from my friends laptop? ... i could try his drivers, i doubt are cards are the same though as mines a good few months newer than his. i could try though

it works!! every time i load ie 6 i have to type htt9://google.com then the pages work normally. i cant get my internet radio or anything though :( .. i randomly figured that out ^^

Your wireless card sounds like my ex-girlfriend. They're only nice to you after they put your through h*ll and back, and it's still an every once in a while type relationship... It's ok, I replaced her with a reliable Honda :)

Daeva said:
Your wireless card sounds like my ex-girlfriend. They're only nice to you after they put your through h*ll and back, and it's still an every once in a while type relationship... It's ok, I replaced her with a reliable Honda :)

haha lol yup. if i can get my internet radio working it will be wiked :)

Back
Top Bottom