vista laptop options

dude_se

Proper Legend
i put vista on my laptop today after the success of it on my desktop. its all running fine except ve tried changing the power settings but the backlights still on high and i dont know what speed the cpu is set at. on xp i had several toshiba apps including a power saver thing and i could change stuff fine. i cant get that working. any ideas?

look the dubble posting was enuff and now u triple post. BE PATIENT! this is a forum. its free advice. and ur using the vista mobility thing were u can change the amt of battery power to use? ummm. probably another vista problem with ur laptop or its just that ur battery doesnt like it.

soz but i posted this topic like 10 days ago. im sure you never wait that long.. so i gave it some bumps :) ...anyway yea i tried mobility thing, no luck. my laptops vista capable and all the drivers and stuff installed correctly. surely the power options should work..

@ Spyware Theres nothing wrong with bumping the post, your allowed to do it once per day.

Have you got the latest BIOS installed, im pretty sure that Vista needs an updated BIOS to take full advantage of the ACPI settings. If this is the cause, then just updating the BIOS wont sort it, you will also need to do a clean install for it to take effect.

ohh that sucks. the pc is fairly new. ill have a look into the bios update..

Raffaz said:
@ Spyware Theres nothing wrong with bumping the post, your allowed to do it once per day.

Have you got the latest BIOS installed, im pretty sure that Vista needs an updated BIOS to take full advantage of the ACPI settings. If this is the cause, then just updating the BIOS wont sort it, you will also need to do a clean install for it to take effect.

Thats right

hmmm a first time poster spamming my thread.... anyway i havent got around to checking for bios updates yet

Back
Top Bottom