Page Cannot Be Displayed And More

ssc456

Fully Optimized
hi,

i am running windows xp pro and am having problems with internet explorer 7 and aol 9. on certain web pages it shows page cannot be displayed but the same web pages work on other computers refreshing does not work. now i would not be posting if that was my only problem i also have norton internet security and when i load it up to view information especially on the outbreak alert section it says cannot display information because there is no internet connection present. i have ran anti adware (Ad-Aware) and anti spyware (windows Defender) have cleared cookies and history and everything else in IE have cleared the cache in aol. i am definately connected to the internet i can post on here and i can sign into live messenger. although im a newbie on this website i do have a fair knoledge of computers... not sure if thats relevant

Thanks for any help and if you need any more information please ask .

Well to be honest your using 2 of the worst programs out there (AOhell and norton) :) Have you tried disabling your firewall (including the windows one if you have it running) what happens then?

yep tried disabling windows firewall and i know what crap aol are but im roped into 12 month contract now

thankds for quick reply

Hi,

just sorted it norton had got corrupt or infected with virus somehow and it was completely blocking internet connection messenger windows defender updates everything

Thanks For help solving this

Just to let you know. I use AOhell as my ISP, but i dont use their software. Not sure if you knew this could be done :)

Raffaz said:
Just to let you know. I use AOhell as my ISP, but i dont use their software. Not sure if you knew this could be done :)

How exactly are you doing this?

Thru a router, using FF. You dont need to use AOL software just coz your with them

Raffaz said:
Thru a router, using FF. You dont need to use AOL software just coz your with them

What is FF? Firefox?

I know a while ago I tried playing around with AOL to create a connection without the software, and for me one computer always had to initialize the connection (After that many computers could connect however)

Yeah FF is firefox, if you get in touch with AOL and ask them to give you the standard router settings they use, and then you should connect fine. Ive been doing this for years now and never had a problem. I might have them somewhere but im pretty sure that the UK uses different settings

Back
Top Bottom