uploading music from my digital 8 track or stereo?

WhereBob

In Runtime
I'm a musican and I have about 12 songs on my digital 8 track that I would like to put on CD. It has RCA stereo outputs. What do I need to upload my music from my digital 8 to my PC and convert to either MP3's and or cut a CD?
I also would like a software program that allows me to alter the tones (graphic EQ)

Also I have some band videos on VHS I'd like to upload. I have video card but no audio inputs except for the mic input (next to my speaker outputs) so I only get video with no sound.

Ideas or suggestions please?

Thanks
Bob

may as well keep it all together...

umm... new card... is there literally only RCA out on the desk or is there also digital out?

you say it's a digital recording desk so I'd be a little surprised if there wern't digital out.

anyway, the card that you want is going to depend a LOT on what you want to do with it. there are some really good, (and inexpensive) cards out there that are pretty much meant for that whole home studio setup. also what do you record? I mean are we talking guitars/vocals or also keyboards, where you might do better to add the keyboards direct through midi to your PC and do the mastering there.

anyway. on your PC you'll have mic in, (pink) and line in (blue).
your onboard card should be fine for just transferring the music to your PC, but bear in mind that you're going to get slight losses/noise with whatever you do.

as borat said use audacity as your sound program, it's free and it's good. so you can't say fairer than that really!

Back
Top Bottom