Browser Games At School

avgjoe22

Baseband Member
Hey people, my friend goes to this prep school named Brophy, and we are trying to get him the ability to play this browser-based game at school. They have some sort of firewall that prevents any program other than IE or Firefox from using the WiFi or the LAN (hardline, ethernet, whatever...). His friend said it was something about LEAP encryption. Is there any way of working around this? If so, how do we do it?

I don't know if the following of info helps, but the school he goes to allows the installation of programs on HIS drive, as well as running them, but installation of things like Java (must be on C:/) is not possible, and I have a working computer at home (I read something about SSH and Putty or something, and I guess that comes in handy...?).

I'll be watching the post, so if I can get you any more info, let me know.

~Thanks~

If you are going to try to take a go at the wireless, LEAP is a propertiary cisco authentication protocol that authenticates to an Active Directory server. I'm not too fammilar with it, however it will use a windows password. The username and password is likely your network password, or a local account password.

Wow. All of a sudden i feel really, really small...

Please explain...?

...And is there any way of getting around it...?

Back
Top Bottom