linux server help

jladdm3

Baseband Member
ok we have a server running a linux lab and we have a seperate server running the file server and accounts, and all that good stuff. we just changed the ip range for dhcp.
I changed the ip of the linux lab server to our current range so thats all set... however i cannot access the internet. i can ping nodes inside the network. but cant get internet. help.

running fedora core 3

dns server addresses ping-able? Do you have DNS set up correctly on the new server?

I realize you've stated that you can ping nodes within your network, but can you ping the default gateway? Is the configured default gateway the correct one?

Is the Linux firewall configured in a way that only allowed traffic in and out of the previous IP range (trusted network)? Turn off the firewall and see if you get out. Strange though that you're able to ping default gateway and dns, but unable to get out. Might also try flushing dns. Are the DNS server addresses public or private (i.e. 10.1.1.x)? Do you have a DNS server in your network handling the entire network's DNS? Or is it this box?

jladdm3 said:
ok we have a server running a linux lab and we have a seperate server running the file server and accounts, and all that good stuff. we just changed the ip range for dhcp.
I changed the ip of the linux lab server to our current range so thats all set... however i cannot access the internet. i can ping nodes inside the network. but cant get internet. help.

running fedora core 3

First off make sure your gateway and DNS servers are right

CrossCech said:
dns server addresses ping-able? Do you have DNS set up correctly on the new server?

I realize you've stated that you can ping nodes within your network, but can you ping the default gateway? Is the configured default gateway the correct one?

DJ-CHRIS said:
First off make sure your gateway and DNS servers are right

DJ ... you bother to read any of the posts above yours? Already been suggested.

Back
Top Bottom