Command Prompt

seriykmc

Beta member
Hi guys!

I'm kinda new to this and I just got a couple of questions I want to ask:

1) Is there a way to run command prompt before logging on to the PC (I mean before typing in the user name and password)?

2) I have this problem- when I try to enter safe mode by pressing F8, after pressing the key I get "choose boot device- Hard disk, CD-ROM, and something else", instead of the other options, where I can choose to startup in safe mode. How do I startup in safe mode?

Thanks!

1) You can boot into safe mode with command prompt
2) Try waiting a little longer before pressing F8

Yeah f8 must be a key associated with bios on your mobo, so when you press it it will ask which device to boot from. Wait a little and then start pressing f8 when you have gone past the bios screen.

seriykmc said:
Hi guys!

1) Is there a way to run command prompt before logging on to the PC (I mean before typing in the user name and password)?

Thanks!
If you replace certain things like the sticky keys executable or voice narrator executable, you can run CMD before boot.

mammikoura said:
Yeah f8 must be a key associated with bios on your mobo, so when you press it it will ask which device to boot from. Wait a little and then start pressing f8 when you have gone past the bios screen.

Yeah, to expand on that you just choose your boot device by pressing enter, and keep tapping F8 after you've pressed Enter the first time. It should bring up the Windows boot menu, if you're lucky ;)

Thank you very much guys!
It worked. I got in to safe mode...

I didnt quite understand the part about the "the sticky keys executable or voice narrator executable". Could you please tell me what and where is it?

seriykmc said:
Thank you very much guys!
It worked. I got in to safe mode...

I didnt quite understand the part about the "the sticky keys executable or voice narrator executable". Could you please tell me what and where is it?
I wouldnt worry about it if ya managed to get the job done, its just another way to get to command prompt

Back
Top Bottom