Friend having problem installing Windows XP Pro

SiGn

BSOD
Ok, since I have no idea what the problem is I was wondering if anyone can give any possible solutions to the problem he is having installing windows xp pro on his computer.

System Specs: (everything is brand new)

Western Digital 250GB Hard drive
Via k8m890 + Vt8237a chipset board
AMD 64 x2 3800 Processor
Vigor 450watt power supply
1GB DDR2 Patriot memory

And the error message he is getting says this:

STOP : c0000221 Unknown Hard Error\SystemRoot\System 32\ntdll.dll

This error message occurs on the screen that says Windows is Setting up...so basically at the very beginning of the installation process. Any and all help will be very much appreciated.

He said he bought another hard drive so it isnt that and also said the cd works fine on every other computer he tried it on.

SiGn said:
He said he bought another hard drive so it isnt that and also said the cd works fine on every other computer he tried it on.

sounds like a bad CD drive to me then. I'd try swapping it with another one.

would that error message really come up due to the cd drive? Doesn't look like that kind of an error msg to me.

This problem may occur if the file that is described in the error message is corrupted. The following files are checked for integrity when Microsoft Windows XP starts:
• All driver files (except those that are loaded by the system loader to start. the computer)
• All dynamic-link libraries (DLLs), including User, Graphics Device Interface (GDI), Shell, Kernel, Ntdll, Crtdll, and others.
This problem may occur if you install an inappropriate driver for your hardware. For example, you receive one of the error messages that are described in the "Summary" section if you install a millions of instructions per second (MIPS) driver on an X86-based computer.

This problem may occur if an Iomega Zip drive is on the same integrated device electronics (IDE) cable as the hard disk drive.

The third-party products that this article discusses are manufactured by companies that are independent of Microsoft. Microsoft makes no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding the performance or reliability of these products.

To resolve this problem, obtain a new copy of the corrupted file or reinstall Windows XP

and even after reinstalling win xp u still receive the same error message than u might have to troubleshoot for a hardware problem mainly n/w issue..

Back
Top Bottom