IE 6 installation in Windows 2000

rafiki6

Beta member
Hello All,

I am new to this forum but I am not new to computers so please keep all simple answers to yourselves becuase I have tried them already. Any way I have an old system which is running Windows 2000 Professional. I have been trying to update IE 5 to IE 6 with very little success. Every time I try it will give me a Digital Signature not Found error, for Microsoft Internet Explorer for file browseui.dll. I have tried updating to IE 5.5 with same issue. I have done extensive research on this problem trying solutions from both Microsoft and other Forums alike. I have tried the installation on a clean install a fully updated install, and different copies too, with the same issue always happening. Please do not tell me to use another OS becuase I have tried plenty with Windows 200 giving me the best overall performance. It is surprisingly secure and reliable and quick on this old machine boasting a Pentium 133 Mhz Processor. Any way I have tried several different distros of Linux, different versions of Windows, and 2000 is the winner. So avoid telling me to switch please. This is the only update that will not work. I have narrowed down the problem to having to do with the Cryptographic services but I maybe mistaken, and besided Crypto services are very hard to modify in Windows 2000 so help there would also be appreciated. Thank you !

Of course it is legitamte, as a matter of a fact in order for me to install all new updates I need to have geniune advantge installed. Thanks for the solution, but please read my post carefully next time, I already tried ALL, and I mean ALL Microsoft solutions in regards to the driver signing issue.

Back
Top Bottom