Error message

yes, so what do I do?
I thought when I upgraded I would get a new System folder with new dll's or what not, this is the first time I changed an OS so I am not familiar with how it works.

ace777 said:
I have been working on old computers latley and I updated the OS to XP from ME.Before I tranferred to XP the main system(32) .Dll's were having issues running certain programs. I was running windows media player and I left the room for a few minutes when I returned I found this message
STOP Error 0x0000007A, KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR
and it listed several other error codes(0xC0000185, and date stamp: 3b7de698?!?). If anyone can get back to me on what this means I am not to familiar with system files so if it is repairable I would like to know.
-thanks.

Had this problem on a server, we replaced the hard drive and everything was fine :)

yes I have two hard drives on the computer that i installed after I installed XP I took it out and there haven't been any problems since so maybe i need to instal the OS to each hard drive?and I do not have the OS disk for ME it came preinstalled on the computer.

Ya dont need the OS on both harddrives. Isyour XP disc definately an upgrade disc, or is it a full version disc? If its full version then you can install it no problem, if its an upgrade disc, then your going to need a qualifying product such as 98, Me, 2000.

Heres some info on your error aswell

Stop 0x00000077 or KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR

The Stop 0x77 message indicates that a page of kernel data requested from the paging (virtual memory) file could not be found or read into memory. This Stop message can also indicate disk hardware failure, disk data corruption, or possible virus infection.

Possible Resolutions:

* Stop 0x77 messages can be caused by bad sectors in the virtual memory paging file or a disk controller error. In extremely rare cases, depleted nonpaged pool resources can cause this error. If the first and third parameters are zero, the stack signature in the kernel stack is missing, which is an error typically caused by defective hardware. If the I/O status is 0xC0000185 and the paging file is on a SCSI disk, check for cabling and termination issues. An I/O status code of 0xC000009C or 0xC000016A indicates that the requested data could not be found. You can try to correct this by restarting the computer. If a problem with disk integrity exists, Autochk, a program that attempts to mark bad disk sectors as defective so that they are not used in the future, starts automatically. If Autochk fails to run, you can manually perform the integrity check yourself by following the instructions to run Chkdsk provided in "Stop 0x00000024 or NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM" earlier in this list.
* Another cause of Stop 0x77 messages is defective, malfunctioning, or failed memory hardware, such as memory modules, Level 2 (L2) SRAM cache, or video adapter RAM. If you added new hardware recently, remove and replace it to determine if it is causing or contributing to the problem. Run diagnostics software supplied by the system manufacturer to determine if the component has failed.
* The problem might also be due to cracks, scratched traces, or defective components on the motherboard. If all else fails, take the system motherboard to a repair facility for diagnostic testing.
* Problems that cause Stop 0x77 messages can also cause Stop 0x7A messages. For more information about Stop 0x7A messages, see "Stop 0x0000007A or KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR" later in this list.

Also take a look here
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q315266

Back
Top Bottom