The Anti-Hackers Guide to securing your password(s)!

aff1993

In Runtime
Ever been hacked, its a very popular situation, go online, enter your details and a couple of hours later you've been hacked.
Well, there is a simple but effective way to prevent it, My very own Anti-Hackers guide to password protection.
Here are the simple and effective steps. Before we start you need to know that the harder to remeber password, the harder to hac, a random password such as "36jK9gxL" is harder to hack than "john10".

1.Download a program such as this one, it stores all your passwords under groups such as "Computer forums password" or "eBay Password" and its encrypted, so it is hard to hack the program.

2.Download a random password generator such as this one, or make your own random passwords such as hard the ones above.

3.If you need to change the password on the sites such as "eBay" or "Computer forums" do so, if not dont worry.

Great, your done and now your passwords are heaps more safer and more unlikely to be hacked.

I hope this helps.

great, not to sure about the first one, someone gets ahold of that file and you are screwed.

thats what i first thought, what if someone hacks that program, well theres an answer, the program is heavily encrypted, and there is soo many of those programs out there, the chances of a person knowing your using that one, and all the other factors is like more that 100,000+ to 1
Its a great method!

aff1993 said:
its great, and encrypted, smart idea!

If you have the time most encryption is pretty easy to break.

It only took 7 days on a normal computer (A high end PIII) in order to crack Cisco MD5 hashes, which are quite hard compared to normal hashes.

aff1993 said:
Well, there is a simple but effective way to prevent it, My very own Anti-Hackers guide to password protection.
Here are the simple and effective steps. Before we start you need to know that the harder to remeber password, the harder to hac, a random password such as "36jK9gxL" is harder to hack than "john10".

and its encrypted, so it is hard to hack the program.

3.If you need to change the password on the sites such as "eBay" or "Computer forums" do so, if not dont worry.

heaps more safer and more unlikely to be hacked.

I have to disagree, there simply is no simple but effective way to prevent hacking and the sort.

Sure as the other have said the program is encrypted but if your gunna get hacked, your gunna.
Also passwords are just a mini hurdle to hackers and the like,
Anyways
I have a question though, what does #3 mean?

it means if they are too easy or too simple to crack, change them to harder
P.S, i am trying to help, can i have some good rep points Please???

I keep all my passwords in my head, and they are all good ones, i would never leave them inside a password program.

Back
Top Bottom