locked desktop background

jladdm3

Baseband Member
hey, i got a couple viruses on my computer, i cleaned them with AVG. but one of them locked my desktop background so i cant change it. anyone know how i can fix this. im running windows xp pro. i tried to edit group policies but that didnt work. thanks.

What exact errors are you getting, and what's the exact procedure you're going through?

there are no specific errors.... when i go to display properties>desktop and try to change the background, it dosnt work... it is not active or something.... it looks exactly like if you were to go into group policies and change the active desktop wallpaper. so i went there and looked to see if it was changed and its exactly how its supost to be. so something has changed in the registry but i dont know what exactly it would be.

How did ya remove ya viruses? Its possible they are still lurking there. Run ya virus checks etc in safe mode

jladdm3 said:
hey, i got a couple viruses on my computer, i cleaned them with AVG. but one of them locked my desktop background so i cant change it. anyone know how i can fix this. im running windows xp pro. i tried to edit group policies but that didnt work. thanks.

In XP PRO their is a group policy to lock the desktop background.

Back
Top Bottom