Connection spikes

HolyHaretto

Baseband Member
For the last week an a half I have been getting connection spikes, most noticable playing WoW. Its not graphics lag, because i see no stutter like normal lag.. i can be running with 5 people and stop at once but i still see them running and about 8 seconds later they all shoot back to being next to me, or in alot of cases, all dead in a second because i missed the fight still stuck in 9 seconds ago.

I have DSL, and ive tried to get help but no one has been able to so far, any other info needed to help ask.

Ive tried router resets with the whole unplugging an turning the comp off thing, has not helped.

Hmm do you know anyone else with the same ISP in your area thta is having problems?

most people around here still have dial-up. If they do have DSL, doubtfuly WoW, so i wouldnt be able to tell. Sorry :(

I had this problem once also.

1. start --> run --> cmd

2. ipconfig/all and then remember/record your DNS server I.P and your local ip address(both should be 192.XXX.X.X)

3. type the DNS server into a browser

4. go to port forwarding

5. The following TCP ports need to be used by WoW:

6881-6999

6. Save settings and tell me if it helped.

Regards,
elmonomalo

Go to start>run>cmd hit enter

type ipconfig and hit enter
You should have some information there, which should look something like this:
Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection 3:
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : launchmodem.com
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.4.100
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.4.50
Mine is 192 addresses, replace mine with your addresses. You see the default gateway? Type that IP into your browser. Once you do that, you will be at the Web based interface of your router/modem. You should be prompted for a username and password- can't help you on that one. Once your in, there should be a tab called gaming/applications/port forwarding. Then follow the advice of elmonomalo. Post back if you still don't understand, well get you there!

Back
Top Bottom