enable a service over a network

Yes this is theroretically possible. With a standard windows install, you can remotely control what services are running, and control what state they are in when the computer boots (automatic, manual, disable).

group policy, computer policy, windows settings, security settings, system services, define policy, choose mode auto, manual, disabled.

if you want more services i beleve you need to install the software on the server.

you will need to use group policy to deply theses settings to all the selected computers.

bilbus said:
group policy, computer policy, windows settings, security settings, system services, define policy, choose mode auto, manual, disabled.

if you want more services i beleve you need to install the software on the server.

you will need to use group policy to deply theses settings to all the selected computers.

You could do it also by having a program connect to every computer remotely and send it the commands. Works great if you only use a few passwords.

However, I cant name a program that exists that does this, but it would be easy to write.

Back
Top Bottom