I need help with a static IP

racerzeke

Beta member
Okay, I have a modem its a speedstream 5100 and a router which is ativa....

since I got my router to hook up my other computer my playstation online cuts out, aim cuts out, and mozilla downloads cuts out. but browsing webpages and stuff is fine

so i was reading up on making a dmz which means i need a static ip and i do not have one.... I need help on setting one up please im confused because I go to my router homepage the ip, gateways, and dns servers are different from my modems and from what my computer tells me.... im confused can someone please clear this up for me

Are you saying that you need a static external IP? If so, you would have to talk to your ISP about that. If you have your router setup properly, those other services should work. Its strange that you can view web pages, but cant download stuff. Makes me think it isn't a problem with your IP.

racerzeke said:
Okay, I have a modem its a speedstream 5100 and a router which is ativa....

since I got my router to hook up my other computer my playstation online cuts out, aim cuts out, and mozilla downloads cuts out. but browsing webpages and stuff is fine

so i was reading up on making a dmz which means i need a static ip and i do not have one.... I need help on setting one up please im confused because I go to my router homepage the ip, gateways, and dns servers are different from my modems and from what my computer tells me.... im confused can someone please clear this up for me

Having a DMZ or static IP's should not affect the reliability of your computers and other network equipment. Usually these outages are the fault of your ISP.

I would also just enable uPnP (Universal Plug and Play) on your router. It may make port forwarding much more simple for you

Back
Top Bottom