xp install problems

I hit f5 as mentioned the only options that came up were i 486 and other... I chose i486. Lets see how it goes.

Alrighty. For anyone just joining this thread here is what I got. Look at my 1) sig for my comp aspects. Everything is running fine, BIOS detects everything like a charm (proc, mem, etc.). I put the windows xp home edition version 2002. It loads from cd and goes through the usual blue screen installation. I formatted through NFTS and it restarted. It loaded xp installation setup and began, it shortly restarted after that.

It restarted and actually began loading xp, after a short while I got an API error and it restarted. On restart it went further this time and I got to the CoA entry and time entry and after that it restarted. A few times of getting this far it immediately began restarting as soon as the xp installations setup begins again. I began getting different errors at this page, sometimes the blue screen of death, sometimes insufficient system resource but MOSTLY an API error.

I tried switching the mem around in the slots and I even tried different ram that I know is working. All leads to the same restarts. I've booted from cd to enter the xp initial blue screen installation and have reformatted over and over. EVERYTHING LEADS TO WINDOW RESTARTS when it begins to load xp after the initial harddrive blue screen setup.

Thanks to Raffaz keen eye I hit f5 on the blue screen to enter the API setup; however, I only have two options I486 or other. Not working.

Since I have a very new mobo could it be that the version 2002 is not working as it should? THE XP CD IS A LEGIT OEM.

I'm going to load the new bios when I get to work because I am using a laptop with no floppy drive. Is there somewhere I should go to get the correct API settings so I can use the other option?

Getting to my wits end :D

Ok, I give up! I've switched out all cables imaginable. I even tried to load my old HD through an IDE but it wont load windows! ARGH. I made a floppy bios boot and it wont read it. I'm gonna get some professional help from a computer store.

Enix82 said:
Ok, I give up! I've switched out all cables imaginable. I even tried to load my old HD through an IDE but it wont load windows! ARGH. I made a floppy bios boot and it wont read it. I'm gonna get some professional help from a computer store.

One more thing to try, have ya been in touch with ya mobo manufacturer to see if there are any known probs with the board?

Yea, I've got the bios update already. I played around some more in windows xp and I made a smaller 40g partition just for windows and it gave me the option of foratting it to fat32. Amazingly it let me back into the windows installation screen but I eventually got fatal errors...BUT! IT provided me with an error log. The first many erros were fffff 02 and they all started out D:\ blah blah blah. This leads me to believe it is actually a bad cd. The last error I received was specific code 2.

I'm off to the web to research these errors. So after 40'ish system restarts according to bios I think I've learned I have a bad cd. I hope all of those system cycles did not hurt the system.

Raffaz, as usual you rock. Thanks for all of your patience and time. I wish I could give you more rep ;)

Back
Top Bottom