autoaff3 virus

ThEoNeAnDoNLY1

Solid State Member
Hello everyone, im slowly cleaning my PC after recieving loads and loads of different viruses (all after that damn virus burster one).

However, the only one i appear to have now is something in my temporary internet files folder.

AVG antivirus keeps giving me populs saying that a 'virus was detected when opening file: C\Documents and settings\Guy\Local settings\Temporary internet files\Content.IE5\{Insert weird filename here, consisting of numbers and letters which appear to make NO sense atall!}.

I went to that directory, and found three files:

1)autoaff3/

2)Cookie:Guy@Rad.msn.com/

3)ff3.dll {Then loads of random numbers spanning the whole width of the page}

So i deleted these files. Lo and behold they came back within 1 minute!

I searched around on google and found a link to TREND MICRO. However they said that tog et rid of it that i should use the Windows boot disk. I currently do not have any access to the boot disc as its at my other house with my laptop!

How can i get rid of this annoying virus, it keeps popping up, meaning i cannot successfully finnish work (as it keeps stoping me) or play games ( as it keeps minimising them!)

Please help!

Guy

ok first off do you have your folder options set so thst you can see hidden files if so change it back tho so u cant see hidden files and see if there still there if so whan avg pops up again move to qurrientine ot Vault

the poster above me is right. quarantining the virus will stop it from harming you. If I get a virus and deleting it doesn't work, I quarantine it and then it never bothers me again.

Ok, i have tried quarentining, no help :( it still re-appears!

btw when i changed to view hidden files there was another files called 'Cookie:guy@rad.msn.com\'

Guy

ThEoNeAnDoNLY said:
Hello everyone, im slowly cleaning my PC after recieving loads and loads of different viruses (all after that damn virus burster one).

However, the only one i appear to have now is something in my temporary internet files folder.

AVG antivirus keeps giving me populs saying that a 'virus was detected when opening file: C\Documents and settings\Guy\Local settings\Temporary internet files\Content.IE5\{Insert weird filename here, consisting of numbers and letters which appear to make NO sense atall!}.

I went to that directory, and found three files:

1)autoaff3/

2)Cookie:Guy@Rad.msn.com/

3)ff3.dll {Then loads of random numbers spanning the whole width of the page}

So i deleted these files. Lo and behold they came back within 1 minute!

I searched around on google and found a link to TREND MICRO. However they said that tog et rid of it that i should use the Windows boot disk. I currently do not have any access to the boot disc as its at my other house with my laptop!

How can i get rid of this annoying virus, it keeps popping up, meaning i cannot successfully finnish work (as it keeps stoping me) or play games ( as it keeps minimising them!)

Please help!

Guy

here is the link for a boot disk if needed ------> here

quarentining the virus will stop it from spreading across the hhd, and if you really know what your doing , you can kill it in the registry.

Ok, the site is asking me to pay, i will do that if neccecary, but all seems kinda complicated to me. I know my way with registry keys quite well, can you explain a little more down that route?

Guy

ThEoNeAnDoNLY said:
Ok, the site is asking me to pay, i will do that if neccecary, but all seems kinda complicated to me. I know my way with registry keys quite well, can you explain a little more down that route?

Guy

Bootdisk.com is free mate, ive just double checked myself

Ok, that sucks, i have no floppy discs, especially not 6 lol. anyone got any other ideas? ive been looking in the system32 folder, and found some folders called mljjj.dll and things like that.

I googled them and there was lots of talk about spyware. I deleted then and so far my system hasnt packed up lol!
Anyone ever heard of those files?

Guy

Back
Top Bottom