No Wireless Networks Found In Range....

qbbraveheart1

Beta member
the wireless network connection from Windows XP SP2 said that "No wireless network were found in range" even though I have a wireless network and I click refresh every time.

The little icon of wireless connection in the system tray have a cross on it indicating its not connected

I tried restarting the zero wireless config service and even uninstalling and re-installing the wireless adapter, as well as trying to update the drivers and manually enter my SSID for my home network but nothings working

my wireless router is working fine and I even reset it and loaded up my backup config for it.....the other computers that are connected to it(wired) work just fine

I have a dell inspiron 9200

Have ya tried repairing the connection, by right clicking and selecting repair?

have you tried connecting your wireless pc to another wireless router? Are you using Windows wireless utility or Dell's? If Dell's, have you ensured that the wireless radio in the utility is turned on? This is what I suspect is your issue.

You might try uninstalling Dell's utility which may mean uninstalling everything wireless, then just install drivers in Device Manager for the wireless card and only use the Windows Utility. When you manually enter information like your SSID and security keys, there's a checkmark that says "Use Windows to configure my wireless network settings". If that is checked AND you're using the Dell Utility ... there would be a conflict there ... you can only use one or the other. Personally, I prefer Windows Utility.

there is no Dell utility that controls the wireless or I just dont know where it is lol
its just windows and the Intel configuration settings that allows me to turn it on or off

ok I was finally able to connect by manually adding the ssid and NO security on my wireless router...now thats a nono

its still coming up wireless networks not in range :(

well I just backed up my files and re-installed XP
its not the solution but I was starting to pull hairs out of my head lol
hopefully someone can come up with a solution for future reference???

Dont know if it matters but can you try using a different wireless configuartion tool like Netstumbler its freeware and I use it alot but it is up to you

John

jkcomputers said:
Dell has stupid tiny switches on them that enable and disable the internet on somewhere on the laptop. Find the switch and be sure it is on

NEVER BY DELL

they are GARBAGE

www.jkcomputersystems.com

Thats why dell owns 80% of the market....

Toshiba has those switches as well, are they garbage too :rolleyes:

qbbraveheart I think the problem is with the security you have enabled on your wireless router, you may have to configure your laptops Wireless NIC to be able to communicate.

Back
Top Bottom