Norton

OKay so I went onto www.symantec.com i think it was and downloaded the Trial verison of Norotn internet Security and Norotn Anti virus 2007? and they finally finish downloading but when i run the installer for either one of them i see a progress bar it finishes then after that it just disappears.
I have restarted my computer and still no luck
I have used Webroot Windows Washer to clean out my temporary files and cookies but sitll no luck

It probably wont install if ya have any other antivirus on, so if you have then remove that completely. One question tho. Why do ya want to install Norton? Its totally power hungry. There are plenty other free trials to get like NOD32, Bitdefender etc

Yea, ANYTHING is better than Norton in my opinion. All it seems to do is cause problems, even when you want to un-install it sometimes you have to get software to get it off... thats how desperate they are :p Anywho AVG, Antivi, NOD32 etc i prefer NOD32 but you gotta pay for that.

That's one reason I ditched norton. Back when I used it, the dang thing wouldn't install. It did the same thing yours did and I was installing from a CD. I got rid of it because the install and uninstall were such a hassle, but the real topper is that it used so much memory and didn't detect stuff real well and updates were so huge(what the updates had or if they worked.... who knows?!). I prefer AVG for a free AV, it's free and light on memory and does a good job detecting stuff. For a paid antirvirus, I agree with what Steff said about NOD32. NOD32 is awesome but if you're like me and don't want to spend money on AV software then AVG will be fine.

i have tried my share of the norton products, and the only satisfying AV was the corperate edition, but the fact with norton is that yes, it tends to be a resource hog, and the trial period ones mess up your computer after awhile when you un-install them.

there are many AV'S out there in the market, just do some reviews before making a decision on one.

Back
Top Bottom