limited or no connectivity

I dont think its your cables that are your problem dude. :p If you buy more they probably wont work, it hapened to me :)
and if the cable was bad.. would it say anything at all? if it says limited or no connectivity, it has to be getting something :D
also you can try highlighting all of them in oyour network places and clicking bridge connections :) just to see if it does something :)

Try this; Unplug your router from cable modem and PC. Reset your cable modem and plug it straight into your PC. Then, wait and see if you get an IP. If you Don't, go to Start>Run>type "CMD", hit enter. when in the Command Prompt, type ipconfig /release, then type ipconfig /renew. You should get an IP then, and be able to get out to the internet. If you can, its a problem with your router (Do the factory reset, and set it back up.) If you can't get out to the internet, its a problem with your modem or cable company.
Hopefully that helps.

Nissan_Tech brings up some good suggestions. Only thing I would consider after trying those things would be going to the manufacturer of the NIC's website and download the latest drivers for the NIC. It could be that the current driver (though it may appear to be installed correctly) may be corrupted. I had to do a reload on a pc a while back that had an onboard NIC, but the drivers that XP installed didnt work. Device Manager showed it to be working correctly and all, but just didnt plain work. Went to Broadcom's website and downloaded the latest driver and installed ... worked fine.
Is your router servicing other pc's ... meaning you've confirmed it is issuing dhcp to another pc?

Back
Top Bottom