belkin wireless adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

dude_se

Proper Legend
it is connected at 11mb/s but i remember when i had another one of these (was the same one exept i bust it) it used to run at 54mb/s. i pick up my router full signal and also the same thing happens with my neighbouts network which i sometimes use because it is unsecure and i can pick it up very well. any way to speed it up as i cannot find any options?

It sounds like its connecting to the .11b standard instead of the .11g standard. Cant think why tho, have ya tried resetting it, have ya got encryption enabled if ya have try knocking it off and testing speed again.

my neighbours has no encryption and same speed. mine has wep and tried with wpa with no luck

its a wireless network adapter.it only came with some crappy software to replace the windows wireless utility but i do not use that. what settings do you mean?

Some things I would check.

1. Install the latest Belkin drivers for the wireless card.

2. On the wireless router, check to make sure that your connect speed setting is set for b+g or even g-only. I could be set for b-only for some odd reason. Note *** Some routers state that setting to g-only might actually slow down speeds. ***

3. Check for firmware updates for the wireless router. You might have the latest firmware already installed ... try reinstalling it or if you have a backup of a previous firmware version ... rollback to it.

nearly a 2 yr old thread lol ... damn i remember this problem. yea "usbg" mode was disabled in the properties or something. enabling that fixed it lool

LOCk THIS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom