car audio, right section?

SQ = Sound Quality
SPL = Sound Quality Loudness
SL = Loudness I think..

But you know, your getting two subs, and porting them both. So for a starter system I would do the Type S, and see how that works. You can always upgrade in the future..

spl = sound pressure level in dB. Spl has no focus on quality whatsoever, except that excess distortion and resonance will lower you dB level.

hmm... arriz says type s's for starters. that was my idea too, cuz its just my first system. and i dont wanna blow out my ear drums too soon ;-p

and i can save alot of money. although it wont be as strong as type r's. my friend has a pair of type r's maxed out in wattage, but only in a sealed box, and they fkkking hurt to listen too. they seriously made my ears wax up in a few seconds.

so a pair of s's should do me good.

also, the amp i posted would be a good fit with those subs, right?

Dude...

I was just looking at the prices of the subs. My sub will blow a Type S away and its only $130. And its sealed. Thats almost enough for me. Id like another sealed. However, they sould good ported too.

I have the JL W1v2.

Id get two of those subs with this..
http://jbl.com/car/products/product...MP&ser=GTS&language=ENG&country=US&region=USA

You can find it all for cheaper on different sites though.

But for the record no, that Alpine amp isnt enough for two subs.

Let me show you my friends shit real fast. Ive personally heard it and it blows mine away.

http://overstock.com/?page=proframe&prod_id=1804439

http://overstock.com/?page=proframe&prod_id=1669463 (2)

And man does his system bump. GREAT for starters and hella cheap. You cant go wrong.

Edit-
You need four guage wire, and 12-14 guage wire.

Anyways...

I have to also say that we compared subs. And mine alone, compared to one of his blows it away.

However with both of his compared to mine, I have no chance.

With these either get some nice speakers and amp them or makes sure they are going in a trunk. Because his subs (sealed) are in a hatch back and you can barely hear music. Lol we gotta turn the subs way down. As long as your getting and putting them in a trunk your good. And if its a hatch back, well get one of mine. Because one of his wasnt to terribly impressing.

hmm.. that first amp u posted only gets 580watts rms at 2ohm.

and damn, thats second one's a freaking hella cheap amp right there. it actually seems pretty decent.

but idk about those subs. i might just get some type r's if i can get an amp that cheap.

yeah. but just on paper, it seems as though some type R's or even 1 typeR would beat it. but thats just on paper. idk, i have had good experience with both jl and alpine, so i guess it just comes down to price and impulse. lol.

Wait till tomorrow.

Ill get you a video of his subs. Or at least try. Ill show you what happens with his beast of a system.

okay, change of subject..

if i spend about $150 on a sub/2subs, what should i get?

i was thinking of getting a single sub. getting only one sub saves in many ways.
1. cheaper enclosure. a double sub enclosure is usually more expensive
2. only 1 sub to pay for.
3. requires less wattage from the amp, allowing for a cheaper amp.
4. space. saves space.
with the money saved, i can get higher quality products, such as a custom ported box. and other stuff.

if i get 2 subs:
1. looks cooler
2. theoretically more powerful
3. i dont really need all that much bass anyway
4. requires more space
5. requires a stronger amp
6. requires a bigger box

at the moment, i think a single sub would be more cost-efficient.
so now, what size should i get? it is said that 1x15" is stronger than 2x12". so i think i might go that route.

Back
Top Bottom