Netork Adapter Help fast plz.

ryan8825

Beta member
Ok I just bought a US.robotics 10/100 ethernet adapter. I just installed it on my other computer XP installs a defualt driver like what it says on the installation. But the thing that is wrong is that instead of the drivers going under the Network Adapter section in device manager it goes under modem. Is there anyway I can make it go under network adapter and not modem. I have tried every troubleshooting and instructions I could. This is my last hope.

You absolutely sure that it's an ethernet adapter (NIC)? This is an odd problem, one I've never experienced. If XP is thinking it's a modem ... either it is, or the NIC has some serious problems.

CrossCech said:
You absolutely sure that it's an ethernet adapter (NIC)? This is an odd problem, one I've never experienced. If XP is thinking it's a modem ... either it is, or the NIC has some serious problems.

or maybe Bill Gates' engineers got it wrong and you have to install the manufacturer's driver instead....imagine that :rolleyes:

You have a point systeq ... however I understood ryan to have installed the manu's drivers, yet XP placed the unit under modem rather than Network adapter. Therefore, I questioned the hardware or user error. Guess we'll never know since ryan hasn't updated us on the status.

CrossCech said:
You have a point systeq ... however I understood ryan to have installed the manu's drivers, yet XP placed the unit under modem rather than Network adapter. Therefore, I questioned the hardware or user error. Guess we'll never know since ryan hasn't updated us on the status.

i rerereread it and i am understanding that he physically installed the card in the PC and xp installed the default driver; i didnt see any mention of using us robotics driver cd anywhere....but like you said, who knows??? all i know is my stuff always works :eek:

I didn't know US Robotics made a LAN card.
I've never had XP get it wrong when it came to identifying a card. No matter what it was.

setishock said:
I didn't know US Robotics made a LAN card.
I've never had XP get it wrong when it came to identifying a card. No matter what it was.

i think 3com bought them out, but there ya go...maybe the kid thought it was a lan card but it was a mdm

systeq said:
i think 3com bought them out, but there ya go...maybe the kid thought it was a lan card but it was a mdm

Now isnt that an interesting point? Something that was brought up in my first reply .... guess it bears repeating ... again.

Back
Top Bottom