Is This Possible?

Ask them a couple of questions.... such as what am I wearing, where do I live. The only identifying information within your TCP/IP stack is your IP address, and your MAC address posssibly. There is technology available that can pinpoint your location, but to be able to identify you and perform all the background checks and having root access- yeah right. Most of what they're talking is BS. Think about it- they can get a visual lock on your PC, through the roof of your house? Ok, and I'm a brain surgen......I would however, leave that site alone.

ip & mac is all he can get, your personal data that is logged with your isp is private, they can't access that without a court order unless they hack the isp server, DNA profiling requires a physical sample, there is no way he can get that electronically unless your DNA is on a data base and he has hacked it. Geographic location is obtainable via your ip but only as far as the server you are logged onto.

The guy is a wanker, you'd be best off to steer clear of such a moron.

He's full of shit.

Uiop said:
Cybertoad.net has the following clause in their TOS:

I PMed the hosting administrator about this and he responded:

I responded with:

And, finally, he replied with:

Is he bluffing, or is this actually possible?

He's full of it. I read through their "policies" and they obviously have no idea what they are doing.

Right, here's what someone on the net can get from your IP.

When you're on there website they can get your Computer information, like your operating system, Windows version and a list of hardware in your Computer, after that they can trace the IP to your ISP.

If they want more information, they could try to hack your ISP but this is very difficult to achieve (but not impossible), once they have got this far they then could get your account/personal information, But......... most ISP's don't have personal information accessable from the internet, the ISP I work for uses internal VPN and a seperate subnet which isn't visable from the internet accessable LAN or WAN, also any access to customer personal information requires the users username/password and the Computer is traced on the network and a log of the access is made, if the trace isn't from the Computer listed to that username/password the access is denied.

So to answer your question, yes and no...But highly unlikely.

BullDog(UK)

Unless you are gathering information for a criminal case, an ISP is not going to divulge records. period. Most of them are very hesitant to do it even then :) Stick it to the man ISP's hehe

Back
Top Bottom