Case design I came up with: 3D Latest :)

the glowing in tubes and all would look cool. you should do a render thats not 2 complex for showing us and then do a full one with the best quality u can get or something

AutoCAD wouldnt really help matters :p The fact that its meant to be a completly realistic program may help with measurements, but there are measurement tools in Max too. Albeit, maybe not AS accurate.

I doubt I'd be able to work as well in CAD :(

Glowing tubes would look kewl :D

I've decided to go for the new Pentium Conroe (codename) E6800 Extreme Edition.

I now need a motherboard, and I've decided to stick 4GB of RAM in the virtual comp.

For the graphics, I'm thinking Quad SLI with the 2x Geforce 7950GTX, but don't know of a motherboard that supports the new Conroe core, with 2x 16x lanes that'd support these 2 cards, making Quad...

Any ideas?

Kage said:
AutoCAD wouldnt really help matters :p The fact that its meant to be a completly realistic program may help with measurements, but there are measurement tools in Max too. Albeit, maybe not AS accurate.

I doubt I'd be able to work as well in CAD :(

Glowing tubes would look kewl :D

I've decided to go for the new Pentium Conroe (codename) E6800 Extreme Edition.

I now need a motherboard, and I've decided to stick 4GB of RAM in the virtual comp.

For the graphics, I'm thinking Quad SLI with the 2x Geforce 7950GTX, but don't know of a motherboard that supports the new Conroe core, with 2x 16x lanes that'd support these 2 cards, making Quad...

Any ideas?

Doesn't matter the processor, as you're not even going to see it

As for the graphics card, I'd say 2 7900GTX in SLI, or just one 7950GX2

True :p But it sort of carries the illusion if you know what your putting into it :D

Yeah, 7900GTX's is probably the way to go :)

Thanks people. Updates soon :D

Well...I have 2 assignments to do for UNI for 1st Sept, or there won't be a place for me on my second year this year :(...

Heres the latest render of the Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 PRO.

Its not finished yet, but I'm hoping the modelling will be finished today.

The copper material still needs a bit of work, but I'm getting there :)

ArcticCoolingFreezer64PRO.jpg

I'm also a bit stuck on how the fan blades are shaped. I've looked at many images, but them being black, its hard to tell where the curves are, etc.

that is VERY good. But one thing that you are off on is that the fan plastic is shiny and its not supposed to be.

and why can't games have graphics and stuff like that??

Because, hehe, all 3D rendering is done by the processor, and takes a certain amount of time to render.
It couldn't render at 60 odd frames per second with all the shaders, etc you can place in 3D renders :p

Games don't impress me graphics wise anymore.

Are you sure its too shiny though? Check here:

http://www.doomedpc.com/images/reviews/AC64FreezerPro/DSCF1610.JPG
http://www.doomedpc.com/images/reviews/AC64FreezerPro/DSCF1615.JPG

Maybe I need to spread it more. The plastic seems to have 2 colours intertwined...like foam, but its hard to the touch.

Back
Top Bottom