sound recording issue

compguy91

Fully Optimized
I can't record anything through my sound card. I can get them to record if everything is at max volume but not much, it's sort of faint and barely comes through. I've tried Freecorder, Nero Wave Editor, and Blaze Media but none of those worked. I've read that this is common with integrated sound but I didn't have this problem on my other PC... I'm using onboard audio Sigmatel Audio which came standard on my dell. I've read online that this is common and that the best thing to do is buy a new sound card. Is that true? also does anyone know of any programs that will let me record sound from real and windows media videos? I have some music videos and live shows that I would like to put on my ipod. I'll give out positive rep to anyone who can help. Any other suggestions also welcome.

Thanks,
Troy

EDIT: Sorry about the double posts. I kept getting those 20 second timeout messages. feel free to delete the other one!

Aecliptic said:
Have you checked your volume settings? Maybe your input volume is set low. If not, try using the microphone input to record sound. If that doesnt work:

If you want something cheap and simple with 5.1...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16829118105

Alittle more expensive:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16829102174
I did try that. I turned up all the volumes in both the input and output and still nothing. I read something that said it has to do with it being onboard and that a regular soundcard wouldn't have this problem. I really like that external sound card too. how do they work? is it just like a regular one only USB or is there something special about it? it looks really cool.

P.S. sorry about the rep, I tried to give it to you and it said I must spread more around or something....

Dont worry about the rep...

Yea I guess... just plug it in through USB, install the driver, and youre good to go. I wish that they showed a picture of the input/output area. But Im sure its like any soundcard, with the pink, green, blue and black (atleast).

Back
Top Bottom