new hardrive need help :(

nef87

Beta member
ok so i just bought a new 80gb hardrive cause i was running low on space in my 40gb one and i copied everything i had on my old one to my new one because i heard it might help the preformance to run on a new drive and then pretty much deleted everything i had on my old one, i use my new drive to boot but my comp still thinks c drive is the main drive. so my question is how do i change my new drive so it is the main drive so it doesnt keep asking me to locate things like microsoft publisher?.

Having a full hard drive doesn't necessarily mean you will have loss of performance in your computer.

Sorry but I can't help on your other question...

If you keep it defragmented and keep it under 90% full it shouldnt matter. I get the 90 percent because I think you can't defrag when it gets more than 90%

nef87 said:
ok so i just bought a new 80gb hardrive cause i was running low on space in my 40gb one and i copied everything i had on my old one to my new one because i heard it might help the preformance to run on a new drive and then pretty much deleted everything i had on my old one, i use my new drive to boot but my comp still thinks c drive is the main drive. so my question is how do i change my new drive so it is the main drive so it doesnt keep asking me to locate things like microsoft publisher?.
Use disk management to change the drive letter. Right click My Computer > Disk Management > Select drive > right click > select change drive letter or path

Hi all,
My friend have a Sony Vaio PCV-RS510 that gave him blank screen when he turned it on. I seeked helps at www.allexperts.com and was suggested to clear the CMOS memory.
My friend could not wait (it is his work computer) and bought a new computer and gave me the Sony without hard drive!!!
Now, I think that I can buy a new hard drive, install it and install the original softwares from Sony (which I have done and was given the page of Sony that contains all necessary softwares).
Would anyone mind to tell me if I am wrong and need to do anything else. Any idea would be appreciated.
Thanks a lot!

Back
Top Bottom